With the start of the New Year, it’s time to work on your wardrobe to help you get through the year in the way that will create the right impression.
Are you organized?
First and foremost, it is important that your closet is organized. Does your closet look like a disaster struck area? A well-organized closet simplifies and speeds the decision of what to wear. See what you have and get what you want when you want it. A well maintained organized closet helps you identify what goes with what and discover new mix-and match possibilities. It’ll help you use your clothes more efficiently. And it keeps your clothes fresh looking and neatly in shape.
How is it serving roles and goals?
In our daily life we take up many roles at work and at home. Take a look at your closet and see if the garments are serving all your roles and goals.
Does your closet hold clothes that are appropriate for work, in other words do you have professional wear? Does your closet have casual wear for home and weekend? Does your closet have clothes for dressy events?
Basics are an essential part of everyone’s wardrobe. Basic colors and basic designs are a must have. A plain white shirt, straight trousers in colors of beige, black, blue, etc. A formal suit which work well for both work and dressy evenings. Do you have the right shoes for each occasion?
Identify the gaps
Once you have your closet organized and know which clothes do and do not serve you as per your roles and goals, you need to identify the gaps. What is missing and which garments do you need to invest in? Along with such garments, you need to identify which garments need to be replaced due to wear and tear. Make a list of all these garments. Before you begin this process, you need to identify clothes that you don’t wear and need to get rid of. This will help create space in your closet for new clothes, as well as help identify what just doesn’t work for you.
With a list of clothes required, it’s now time to update your closet. If you don’t already practice it, but start planning clusters, which help you create a variety of looks with minimum pieces.
Take advantage of the current sales to add clothes that you require to update your closet. But be warned; don’t let these be a cause for you buying garments that you don’t require.
Follow this process to help you get your closet into shape to you get through the year in style along with creating the right impression the first time and every time.
Wardrobe Tips for 2015:
- Gift or give away clothes that are wardrobe orphans that you never use or will never wear.
- Cluster your clothes as per occasions or style.
- Ensure all clothes and accessories are visible and accessible.
- Have a soft board or a separate section in your wardrobe for accessories and arrange hem neatly.
- Have an inventory sheet pasted on the inside of your wardrobe and keep updating it.
- Do a periodic assessment of your wardrobe to know your current need and update your wardrobe accordingly.
- Have a spacious wardrobe that gives a full view of every item inside.
- Enjoy getting ready every morning and the benefits of an organized wardrobe right away.