Imagine the first time you meet someone and they greet you with a handshake, and that’s when you notice it! Dirty and unkempt nails! Oh, the disgust of having to shake hands with such a person! Throughout the meeting, you’re distracted by the person’s dirty nails and cannot concentrate on anything else.
Moral of the story: Ensure that your nails are well maintained and clean. It says a lot about you and you surely don’t want to create a bad first impression. Also, it plays very important role in terms of grooming.
Simple yet very important things to keep in mind:
- Ensure that you wash your hands regularly through the day. If there is any grime under your nails, use a brush to clean away all the dirt from under your nails.
- If you cannot maintain long nails, cut them at regular intervals, once a week and file them. Buff them to give a complete polished look.
- If you apply nail color, ensure that is evenly applied and no rough brush strokes are visible.
- Chipped nail color is a big NO. If maintenance is difficult, it is better not to apply nail color than to have chipped nail color.
- Pamper yourself and your nails sometimes and go out and get a manicure.
- As tempting as it may be, avoiding biting your nails. Besides, it’s a bad habit.
- Nail art is fun to have, but overdoing it can be very distracting, especially if you plan on going for a work-related meeting.