Image Management Professionals Association (IMPA) is the only association of image consultants in the Indian Sub-Continent and Middle-East. A non-profit organization, IMPA is dedicated to educating, facilitating, integrating and regulating the profession of image consulting in the region. It will certify image consultants at various levels and organize events and seminars to create awareness for the need of image consulting for individuals as well as companies.
It will also help individuals and companies in searching and identifying an image consultant to suit their specific needs. Companies and individuals dealing in various image related products and services would also be listed in the IMPA directory.
IMPA’s mission is to:
Promote the profession of image consulting
Provide for continual professional development
Provide a benchmark for the highest standards of service in the profession
IMPA members have initiated CSR activities across various cities in India. Some of the activities conducted this year are:
- On 19th February 2014, the IMPA Gurgaon chapter conducted a session for 19 teachers of ‘Shaksham’, an NGO in Gurgaon. The topics covered were: Personal integrity and Positive work ethics. Bindu Mukherjee headed this initiative.
- On 21st March, 2014, the IMPA Kolkata Chapter conducted a session for 75 children from Sir Syed Group of Schools, an NGO in the port area slums of Kolkata.
- It was a great experience and a wonderful opportunity for the facilitators Cherry and Sana, to give back to the society.
- On 21st, March 2014, the Pune chapter of IMPA conducted two sessions. It was an hour session on Importance of personal hygiene and Soft Skills for under privileged community people. As 21st March was World Poetry Day, the session was concluded with a poetry composed on women Empowerment by Pranayy Dugar (ex ICBI student).
The event was conducted at two locations in Pune:
Nancy Katyal, Sidra Khanna, and Dipti Divekar facilitated the event here and 30 women attended it.
- The IMPA Gurgaon chapter conducted a workshop at ‘Ambience Learning Centre’ on 25th March, for 60 children in the age group of 3-12yrs. The session was facilitated by: Sheena Ahuja and Shefali Bhutani.
- The IMPA Delhi chapter conducted a session for 150 male inmates at Tihar jail on 27th March. The session was a 2-hour session on the basics of clothing, grooming, body language, etiquette, and motivation. Atika Dhandia and Anshu Gupta facilitated the session.
- The IMPA Mumbai chapter conducted a session for 30 girls at St. Catherine’s Home in Andheri on 31st March. The session was a 2-hour session on communication skills. Taraa Vermaa Senguptaa, Devanshi Gandhi, Aanchal Rathee, Mamta Deval, and Greeshma Thampi facilitated the session.
The IMPA activities have been sponsored by ICBI.
IMPA will continue to conduct more such session every month with the help and support of all its members.