Most of us time and time again face the issue of having too many clothes in our wardrobe and not the right clothes to wear. There are two major causes to this problem: Unplanned shopping and unorganized wardrobe.
Both these problems go hand in hand. If you don’t have a clear sense of what you have and what you need, you will go out and spend more energy, money, and time on things you don’t need. You need to know what completes your wardrobe, how would you do this without the basic knowledge of what completes it? Unfortunately, a lot of us look at shopping as a form of therapy even today. This therapy turns out to be very expensive in the long run and most times causes further grief.
A wardrobe is a cohesive grouping of clothing that actually works together. When you add a new clothing item you need to consider whether it works with what you already own. Don’t buy clothes that don’t work with what you already have. You’ll end up leaving the garment hanging in your closet with the tag on – neglected and an orphan.
Having a well-managed wardrobe can have more benefits:
- Identify your current clothing needs and refine your choices.
- Discover your personal style and details of design that are uniquely you.
- Helps you decide what you need to add or discard from your wardrobe.
- Identify what clothing is appropriate for what occasion(s).
- Helps you make better use of the clothing you already own.
- Eliminates the “guilt” you feel every time you open the closet door and are faced with unworn, wasted clothes.
- You get dressed in good spirits, easily and ready on time.
- Helps you create and maintain an attractive, healthy self-image—knowing that your clothes enhance your appearance.
Think of the benefits of wardrobe management as rewards. Experiencing any of these rewards makes the time and effort worthwhile.