After the sweltering summer, a lot of us were filled with joy at the arrival of the rain-swollen monsoon clouds and we’re taking every opportunity to enjoy the rain. But, we forget the effects the rain has on our skin and hair. Here are some tips to help enjoy the rain and keep your skin and hair happy in the rain:
- Drink as much water as you can. Water consumption hydrates your body and flushes out all the unwanted toxins.
- Use facial scrubs regularly as it will help in unclogging your pores and also exfoliate your skin by removing the dead cell layers from it. Try and use natural scrubs instead of chemical based ones. Wash your face a 2-3 times daily with an anti-bacterial face wash.
- Just because it’s cloudy, does not mean your skin is protected from the sun. It is highly important to guard your skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays, so always use a good sunscreen with a high SPF factor.
- Wash hair a little more frequently than you usually do in the monsoon as all the humidity and sweat causes it to get dirty soon and attract dust and pollution.
- Do not comb wet hair. Also do not tie your hair tightly as it may lead to breakage.
- Use water based cosmetic products.
- Keep the scalp dry to avoid scalp conditions like fungal and bacterial infections, which are more prevalent during the monsoon
- Go easy on styling during this season. Excessive use of hair gels and sprays will only cause further damage