Trouser Trouser where are you?
Before I became an Image Consultant, the most confusing part of my shopping was buying trousers & denims. It got so frustrating at one point that I had literally stopped wearing trousers because never understood the fit, high waist / low waist, slim fit / straight fit. Phew…
With all the confusion I had in my earlier days, am writing a small post to make life simpler for people like me.
Triangle Body Shape:
People with this body shape have a wider lower body. The aim here is to balance out the Hip, Thigh & legs.
- Straight pants are your best friend. Straight cut pants will flow over your body and give an illusion of balance.
- You can opt for flare and wide leg but the slimmest version, avoid the boot cut’s like 80’s
- The new trend of Pallazo pants will work very well in balancing out the lower body, the trick here is to wear a semi-fitted top / blouse
- Pleat fewer trousers / Flat Fronted trousers flatters the waistline and balances the lower body
- Avoid ankle length denim / trousers, if your legs are too thin compared to your thighs
- Again no to less detailing around the waistline, so as not to draw attention there.
- Opt for dark coloured bottoms, you can opt for trendy colours like fuchsia or coral in darker shades.
- You can wear pinstripes or self-stripes or self-design trousers, but preferably in darker shades, ideally your trousers or denim can’t attract attention.
- If you are a Plus size, opt for plain trousers, since you don’t want the attention there.
- Size zippers are definitely to be avoided, any sort of detailing that will get the attention to the lower body does not work for your body type
- Wear No / slim belt (no fancy buckles) and preferably at least mid heels.